OnTime API App Competition.
Read the FAQ and official rules. Ends April 30, 2013 11:59 PM (PDT)
The contest has ended. Please check back for the winners soon.
Create that cool OnTime app or integration you've always wanted and win great prizes while you're at it! As an added bonus, these apps and integrations can potentially reach tens of thousands of OnTime users around the world. Just submit an app, and you will be eligible to win one of the 10 great prizes listed above.
- How can I start building apps for the OnTime App Competition?
- Start by visiting the OnTime Developer Web Site. Everything you need to know about obtaining an API key is there, along with the API documentation and samples.
- Do I need a Public API Key?
- Yes. All entries for this contest must use a Public API Key. Public API Keys make your app or integration available for OnTime installations other than your own. If you would like to develop an in-house app or integration, you will not need a Public API Key, however this type of app or integration is not eligible for this contest.
- How do I submit my application?
- Submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Just send us an email for further instructions. If you can, include a link to your app and a screenshot.
- Can I charge for my OnTime app / integration?
- Yes. You may sell or freely distribute your app / integration tool. You retain full rights to any apps or integration tools that you submit for the contest.
- Will my app be showcased in a marketplace or app gallery?
- Not at this time, however we are planning to build an OnTime app store in the near future.
- How many apps can I submit?
- You may submit as many apps as you would like to enter in the contest. However, individual entrants are only eligible to win one prize. If you submit multiple winning apps, you will receive the prize for the highest-placing app.
- What are the winning prizes?
- There will be one first-place winner who will receive a 21" iMac. There will be two second-place winners who will each receive the New iPad. And, there will be seven third-place winners who will each receive Google Nexus 7 tablets.
- What are the dates of the competition?
- Apps and integrations must be submitted no later than April 30, 2013. Winners will be announced on May 13, 2013.
- What is the criteria for picking a winner?
- Axosoft will, at its sole discretion, choose the winning entries.
- Who is eligible to compete in the competition?
- Anyone can compete in the competition.
- What language should I use for the application submitted to the competition?
- Any language may be used, but having an English option will help with judging your entry.
- How do I receive my prize?
- Axosoft will notify all winners by May 13, 2013. Winners in the U.S. will receive their prizes within 2 weeks. Winners outside the U.S. will receive a cash-equivalent award.
- What happens to my application if I win?
- Axosoft may showcase, highlight, and promote all application and integration entries at its sole discretion. However, all applications and submissions will remain the property of their submitters.
- If I don't win can I still list my application on your partners page?
- Yes. You can work with Sean Gately to complete a partner agreement.
- Where should I go if I have additional questions.
- Please direct all of your questions regarding this contest, prizes, submissions, etc. to email@example.com.
- To be eligible, participants must submit their completed app to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59 PM (PDT) on April 30, 2013.
- This contest is not open to individuals who have previously been a winner in an
Axosoft contest if that contest took place within the last 12 months. Decisions
as to eligibility shall be solely determined by Axosoft, and these decisions are
final - no substitutions will be available. Employees of Axosoft and such
employees' immediate family members and persons with whom such employees are domiciled
are excluded from this contest.
- The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded. Winners not residing in the United States may be offered alternate prizes of equal value or cash equivalents based on U.S. pricing and currency.
- In accepting a prize, the winner acknowledges that Axosoft may not be held liable
for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using a prize(s).
- The winner(s) whose name(s) is drawn as being the winner(s) of the specific prize
may be required to answer follow-up questions establishing identity or to provide
further information about their use of OnTime or to provide a photograph of his/her
likeness, via mail or electronic transfer, which shall become the property of Axosoft,
and may be used in promotional materials or advertising in any manner and in any
medium without limitation as Axosoft may deem appropriate.
- Winners may be required to sign a release form as prepared and accepted by Axosoft
acknowledging their acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules.
- This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Axosoft reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without
- Axosoft, in its absolute and sole discretion, may make substitutions of equivalent
kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component
of the prize or for any reason whatsoever.
- Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be required by
- By entering this contest, the participant authorizes the use, without additional
compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and/or
company name and logo for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and
in any medium without limitation which Axosoft may deem appropriate.
- Winner(s) will be notified on May 13, 2013.
- Any winner(s) found not to be in compliance with these rules and regulations, by the
sole and final determination of Axosoft, will effectively forfeit any prize(s) won.
Forfeited prizes shall be redistributed by any means Axosoft deems appropriate.
- Detailed contest rules applicable to this contest, including contest entry dates,
how to enter, and prize value, number and any restrictions applicable to these prizes
are available upon request from Axosoft LLC - c/o OnTime API App Competition, 13835 N. Northsight Blvd Suite 205 Scottsdale, AZ 85260.